top of page

Blog for Monday 12th February 2024

My day started a little later than normal as I allowed myself a few extra minutes in bed today! What a wicked wench I am!

It was such a good feeling to know that we did not have to do more cattle work today as we had completed what we had set out to do over the last two days. Whoo-hoo!

So, early this morning I fed my feline, made myself a coffee, then I went as silently as I could, up to my studio to have my Quiet Time and begin my day.

I am hoping to hear from the school today whether I can start teaching the SRE lessons again this week, or whether I still have to wait another week before being able to do so. The school has to wait until all the parents have granted permission for their child/children to Opt In/Opt Out of SRE Classes, before I am allowed back.

No news yet from the school.

Paddy worked mainly on his own today as Matt’ had a previous arrangement to watch the Super Bowl, which he absolutely loves, and Ken slept in as he was feeling really tired – probably after doing all the cattle work over two days, as it is a strenuous exercise for sure!

Paddy and Matt’ finished off making the large cage for both the chook (Chris’) and later will be used for the guinea fowl keets. They then carried it around and placed it in the chook pen, as it is protected by an electric fence to stop any undesirables from entering and escaping with our chooks!

Paddy then took the augur off the tractor and replaced it with the slasher for Ken, then he checked fences that were broken, and took all the odds and ends of tools and things that were up at the top shed back down to the bottom shed where they belong.

In between all that activity Paddy and Matt’ managed to have some lunch and then they showered, dressed and headed back home to Terrigal on the Central Coast.

I miss them already!

My day has included cleaning and tidying our home where I could. Plus, I did several loads of very, very dirty clothing and hung it all out on the washing line to dry.

I then worked on the Cattle Records from the work we did in the ‘yards over the last two days. Until we have smaller camps it is almost impossible to make sure that every animal comes through the ‘yards every time we work out there. They duck and dive into the bush or along the river and remain well hidden to avoid being mustered!

In the late afternoon I brought Ken’s quad bike in as it began to rain. But honestly, I need not have worried as I think a total of eight rain drops fell in the end!

Tonight, we will have an early night and hopefully we will both wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow, ready to live the height, length and breadth of the new day.

What lesson did I learn today? To enjoy the day no matter whether it is a fun or a so-called ordinary day. Today was an extraordinary day, as we still had Paddy and Matt’ with us for most of the day.

What am I grateful for today? All the work that Paddy and Matt’ accomplished on the farm this weekend.

My saying for today is …

16 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page