top of page

Blog for Thursday 26th October 2023

I am still fighting this jetlag, as a result of flying east to get back home to Australia.

This morning I woke up at a quarter to twelve – well I guess it is still night then, but again I was wide awake, so I got up, closely followed by Raafie and went up to my studio to upload my blog and have my Quiet Time.

I also did a little bit more of ironing before my body shouted a silent ‘Sleep!’ It is a command and one’s body obeys immediately! Jetlag is real and crazy stuff! I guess I only have a few more days before my body clock clicks in and is back to Australian time.

Raafie fast asleep on the couch near me in my studio early this morning. (The towels are there as the cat is shedding everywhere.)

Later, after my shower I got myself dressed for a day in town, to top up our groceries.

It is incredible every move I make in our home is shadowed by two creatures – one cat and one Jack Russel!

Here I am drinking my coffee as I wait for Ken to get ready, and I am loved by two animals – Shamara on the one side and Raafie on the other! I realize that I was missed!

Shamara on my right and Raafie on my left tucked into a towel as he had got wet outside in the rain.

I am so happy that we have had some rain. Not heavy thank goodness as that would have just washed the topsoil away, but a very soft soaking drizzle. We have not received that much but every little drop has been gratefully received for sure!

I contacted the school this morning to tell them that I was back home and Melinda, the secretary, let me know which Mondays I will not be teaching as the children have swimming galas on et cetera. This last term is always a busy one with this and that going on. I am so grateful to this little school for allowing me to teach there – I truly love the privilege of teaching there.

Ken and I shot into Port Macquarie to Aldis to do our grocery shop – a big one – and then we turned around and headed back home.

When we got home, I folded! Jet lag kicking in big time. I slept for twenty minutes and was then wide awake again.

Once I had unpacked and put everything away, I made a proper Indian curry – using the curry powders I had brought back from South Africa with me. I am so excited to have made it and it will be ready for when Paddy and Matt’ arrive tomorrow.

I repacked the curry powders – Kashmiri with spices, Masala, Orange Pepper and Mrs Mother-in-Law!

Look at the richness of the red in these curry powders.

Luckily for me, I had only to heat our food for tonight as I had made plenty of food last night. So, tonight we had small potatoes, peas, butternut and lamb chops. Very yummy and with no sweat involved!

As I took my last mouthful, I knew it was only seconds away and I would be fast asleep. This jet lag sleepiness is unreal and sometimes I feel wide awake only to crumple suddenly! That is why Ken drove my car today as he was concerned that I may just got to sleep behind the wheel!

It was lovely drifting off to the Land of Nod, listening to the rain pitter-patter down on our tin roof. Such a welcome sound!

What lesson did I learn today? Patience. There is an end to jet lag.

What am I grateful for today? The rain.

My saying for today is ….

18 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page