Blog for Wednesday 16th November 2022

Oh no! Paddy goes back home later today!’ was one of my first thoughts when I woke up this morning. I sort of get used to having him around and then he has to go back home. Tsch!

I was up, again a little later, but was soon into the normal swing of things – feed the feline, make my coffee and have my Quiet Time!

Paddy was out early and he turned on the sprinkler for me when he let the dogs out their kennels too, and later I turned it off. I let it water my veggie patch for about half an hour in the mornings and early evenings.

Paddy worked like an absolute trojan all day and even stayed out in the boiling heat. Ken joined him in the early afternoon, after he had completed his normal farm routine, and the two of them worked hard together lifting and moving the heavy wooden posts .and whatever fencing hoo-hah they were up to.

Paddy told me that Ken had worked like Popeye the Sailor man and would probably not be able to move tomorrow!

I am warned!

I finished the last of the ironing (for now), and then put the finishing touches to the hand puppet of Mary. I also created a small manger with the baby Jesus in it and now need to put the finishing touches to the angel. I am so happy that I have managed to get those done and I cannot wait to see the children’s faces when they see them.

I also worked on what lessons I will be teaching this coming Monday at school, but still have a long way to go before I am happy with them, plus I need to work on what hand work we will do and what games.

Tomorrow, we have our Bible Study Group so I had to do a quick catch up for that as I have been away for a while. I think I will ask Keith if he would mind heading our group up, as Ken and I will be away again next Thursday as Ken has another cystoscopy then, plus I will be away the following week with my sister.

My sister Dee has asked me to go with her to Seal Rocks for a few days and that will be wonderful for just the two of us to be together. Lots of time to laugh, chat, swim, play games and just enjoy one another’s company.

Paddy worked until late today, then he had quick shower, dressed and said his ‘Good byes!’ before hitting the road home. He left the farm well after four o’clock which would mean he only got home after nine – probably closer to half past nine.

Miss that guy already!

For lunch I put out wraps and salads with some chicken and bacon, and for supper I gave Ken what he had not wanted last night because he was not hungry – the lovely salmon and Parmesan and basil chips. He thoroughly enjoyed it!

I climbed into bed as early as I could which still was not that early as it is so light for so long into the evenings that I am tempted to stay up later.

I listened to my audio book, “A Year in the Wild” which I am going to be so sorry when I get to the end of it as it has provided me with a lot of giggles and roaring laughter!

What lesson did I learn today? Patience and to plan well.

What am I grateful for today? All the fencing Paddy has accomplished this visit.

My saying for today is …

12 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All